click to call
1300 886 477
Calibration & Repair
To provide the right level of protection and early warning, portable and fixed gas detection systems need to be accurate & responsive to be effective.
Sensors can desensitise or drift over a short time, between <2% to <5% and will require service & re-calibration.
Who Can Calibrate?
Trained and certified, competent technicians.
WHS regulations, Standards and similar documents recommend following the manufacturer's guide in relation to:
- Daily function testing before use
- Completing formal, documented calibration of instruments at least every six months (IEC60079/AS/NZS60079)
- Set up and monitor a gas detection program, including trained personnel to regularly check, monitor and document equipment and personnel
- Australian WHS regulations specify equipment must be used in accordance with manufacturers guidance.
You can bring or send your equipment to your nearest MSS SAFETY office. We normally assess and quote within 24 hours.
We can even undertake a standard service & calibrate while you wait. Or we can come to you!
MSS has a fleet of service vehicles equipped for mobile service and calibration of multiple units at your site saving down time and expense.
Your equipment will be serviced by trained, accredited, competent personnel for almost every current (and not so current) types and manufacturers.
Your unit may require additional parts which may increase the service time. When this happens, we will inform you and offer an optional hire unit at reduced costs to keep you going whilst your unit is being repaired.
Our contracted clients enjoy free-of-charge loan units when available.
What if my unit fails or needs parts?
If your unit indicates a fault or fails a bump test, it will generally require service which can include an accredited calibration and maybe even new components.
After assessing your unit(s), we always provide a detailed quotation, all parts and labour listed, including providing a report on the financial viability of repairs. We do not proceed without your approval and in most cases do not charge a seperate inspection & report fee if you do not go ahead.
What do i get?
With each service, as standard, you get peace of mind. We also provide the following documentation and certification.
- Certificate of Calibration (Printed & Electronically via our Service Web Portal available 24/7)
- Photographic evidence of any additional repairs/faults
- Full traceability of calibration gases
- Electronic Service Records maintained on Klipboard Portal, accessible 24/7
- Full Service history reports/records available on request (audits)
- Download of Data (where requested at additional cost)
All service records are available via our @klipboard.io customer portal.
MSS are a level 2 technical service partner for MSA Safety Portable Gas Detection, undertaking full factory authorised warranty repairs by trained and authorised technicians.