Gas Detection | Technical Service
To work as designed and to provide the right level of protection, portable and fixed gas detection systems need to be accurate to be effective.
Even with current technology, sensors can drift over a short time as much as <2% to <5% and will require service by qualified personnel, even if using automated calibration equipment.
If your unit indicates a fault or fails a bump test, it will generally require service which can include an accredited calibration and maybe even new components.
WHS regulations, Standards and similar documents recommend following the manufacturer's guide in relation to:
- daily function testing before use
- completing formal, documented calibration of instruments at least every six months (IEC60079/AS/NZS60079)
- set up and monitor a gas detection program, including trained personnel to regularly check, monitor and document equipment and personnel
- WHS regulations specify equipment must be used in accordance with manufacturers guidance.
MSS provides service and calibration at your site saving down time and expense.
Your equipment will be serviced by trained, accredited, competent personnel for almost every current (and not so current) types and manufacturers.
MSS are technical service partner for MSA Safety Portable Gas Detection, undertkaing warranty repairs by level 2 trained technicians.
How much will it cost?
WherOn OnOOn occasion, your equipment may require a more in depth testing or repairs. Units can be brought to our clean room for further assessment, repair works including genuine replacement parts. In most cases, we provide an equivalent loan unit for the duration of the repair.
After assessing your unit(s), we always provide a detailed quotation, including a report on the financial viability of repairs and will await your written instructions before commencing works.
With each service, as standard, we provide the following documentation and certification.
- Certificate of Calibration (Printed & Electronically via our Service Web Portal available 24/7)
- Photographic evidence of any additional repairs/faults
- Full traceability of calibration gases
- Electronic Service Records maintained in MEX CMMS
- Full Service history reports/records available on request (audits)
- Download of Data (where required)
You request service via the portal, view & accept quotations, provide Purchase Order information, view and download service reports, view the assets we manage. 24hr access, 7 days a week.